All programs listed are available as a one hour keynote or a half-day in-house workshop for your hiring team.
You're NOT The Person I Hired - The Success Factor Methodolgy
Why does research show that 56% of all executive hires fail in their first year to eighteen months? In our consulting and research with thousands of companies we've discovered that:
Hiring tends to be the only process in the entire company that is not performed according to a documented process or methodology.
They are using outdated sourcing, screening, and interviewing techniques that required no training or expertise.
There is no uniform, specific process to assess candidates and evaluate them against each other.
There is no marketing plan to attract good candidates.
The companies concentrate mainly on applicants who applied after seeing an advertisement.
There is no accountability for bad hires (or good ones, for that matter).
They have no process for establishing goals for an open position before they hired the candidate.
Hiring is far too important to depend on random luck or the flip of a coin. Using the Success Factor Methodology, Vistage members can expect a dramatic improvement in hiring success from their companies almost immediately. Attendees using and actively applying this methodology across a broad range of positions within their companies are bringing aboard extraordinary talent on a consistent basis.
Through this workshop on Success Factor Methodology, attendees members will learn specifically how to design and put into place a hiring system that:
- Precisely identifies what quantifiable results you want from your new hire during the first year to eighteen months
- Mines deep for the best candidates, no matter where they are
- Structures interviews to predict the ability of a candidate to achieve the desired success
- Accurately assesses and moves only highly qualified candidates to the next step
- Results in offers only to candidates who are capable of meeting your clearly defined Success Factors
ADVANCED INTERVIEWING: ELIMINATE EMBELLISHMENT AND EXAGGERATION
Stop rolling the dice with interviews. Learn how to probe deeply and get to the truth.
What percent of people do you believe exaggerate or embellish in the interview? Through extensive surveys among executives and managers the number is a staggering 90% or more. Are you confident you know if a candidate is telling the truth or exaggerating? In this Advanced Interviewing Program, you'll learn how to separate the candidates wh o are great at interviewing from those that can actually do the job.
Some of the most common problems that occur in typical interviews that this program will overcome include:
- Hiring managers succumb to first impressions and lack objectivity in the interview process
- The questions used by hiring managers are either so far off the mark in terms of being valuable in assessing candidates, they border on comedy, or they are canned questions that solicit meaningless canned answers from the candidate
- There is no common framework among the interviewing committee or group of hiring managers in assessing the candidate
- Most assessments of candidates are full of superficial statements, generalities, ambiguities, and platitudes that lack an understanding of whether the candidate can achieve the desired results
- Other tools and methods are rarely used to validate and confirm the candidate responses in the interview
Through the 6 key steps covered in this program, you'll become a master interviewer - capable of quickly cutting through the fluff in an interview and getting to the truth every single time. You'll discover there is not a candidate on Earth who can make it up fast enough. Implementing the techniques covered in this program you'll be able to ascertain if the candidate has either done the work and is telling the truth with incredible clarity and detail, or they will quickly self-implode in the seat in front of you. Never again, will you experience the common feeling of "You're Not the Person I Hired." The 6 steps of Advanced Interviewing that will be covered in this program are:
- Define Success in specific outcomes, deliverables, expectations, and results
- Use the 5 core questions of the Success Factor Methodology as a framework for the interview. These questions will determine if the candidate can achieve your definition of success and do it with a set of behaviors and style that is consistent with your values and culture
- Begin to uncover the truth by asking for examples. Automatically asking for multiple examples will reinforce the truth about skills, behaviors, and prior accomplishments
- Apply Magnifying Glass Approach to Interviewing to probe deeply and peel back the layers of the onion for every example provided by the candidate
- The structured 8 Point Success Matrix will put all hiring managers on the same page for assessing the candidate and force the discussion to be analytical, rational, objective, and quantifiable as opposed to the traditional process of "gut feelings."
- Validation of the candidate claims come from a wide range of tools including deep and intrusive reference checks that reverse engineer the entire interview, homework assignments, and personality profiling to name just a few.
Finding Top Talent and Social Media
This Keynote or two hour workshop will change how you attract talent.
Most companies excel at fishing in the bottom third of the candidate pool for talent.
In fact, the process by which most companies attempt to find candidates actually turns top talent OFF so they never even engage you.
This program is focused not on attracting candidates, but how to attract top talent.
How to use social media to attract and find top talent.
How most companies need to start fishing in the deep waters where the passive candidates are located.
How to start getting to the canddiate's motivation.
How to move away from desperation hiring, because it takes so long to find candidates.
How to have a queue of candidates available when want them not need them?
You can't hire top talent if you don't bring them to the table.
If you aren't happy with the talent you are attracting, then you can either change how you are doing it or keep doing the samething and expect different results.